Titanium dioxide is an excellent extinction agent for chemical fibers. Adding a small amount of titanium dioxide in the production process of chemical fibers can not only achieve good extinction effect, but also improve the strength and toughness of chemical fibers, thus giving birth to chemical fiber grade titanium dioxide.
The titanium dioxide used in chemical fibers must be of the acute titanium type, with excellent whiteness, water-based dispersion ability, extinction ability, very few coarse particles, moderate particle size, and relatively narrow particle size distribution. At the same time, it must not or very rarely undergo secondary condensation phenomenon in the polyester production process, especially in the condensation process.
Advantages of Cris HWA-S1 in the chemical fiber industry:
1) Uniform particle size distribution: Due to the visible light wavelength of 400-700nm, the particle size of titanium dioxide is either too large or too small, which can affect its extinction effect in fibers. Usually, the particle size of titanium dioxide is controlled at 0.3 μ Around m, the best extinction effect is achieved. Cris HWA-S1 has a uniform and extremely narrow particle size distribution, with an average particle size of 0.30 ± 0.10 μ M.
2) Excellent dispersibility: Titanium dioxide used in chemical fibers requires good dispersibility in water, and for some varieties, it also needs to have good dispersibility in solutions such as ethylene glycol and sodium thiocyanate. Cris HWA-S1 has excellent water dispersibility and ethylene glycol dispersibility, and even in hot ethylene glycol, it still has excellent dispersibility.
3) High purity: Cris HWA-S1 not only has a high whiteness, but more importantly, its impurity content is extremely low, which greatly ensures good fiber appearance whiteness and good dispersion of titanium dioxide.
4) Stable chemical properties: Cris HWA-S1 is added to the fiber, which does not react with the original solution and is easily dispersed during use. It does not agglomerate, clog, or wear pipes, spray holes, and cutting knives. After extinction, it does not affect the strength of the fiber and the processing after spinning.
Application of Cris HWA-S1 in the chemical fiber industry:
1) Used for polyester fibers (polyester) and acrylonitrile fibers (acrylic): Chemical grade titanium dioxide is used in polyester and acrylic fibers, mainly for extinction and toughening. Some enterprises use non grinding technology, while others use grinding technology. The difference lies in whether titanium dioxide and its spinning materials are sanded together before mixed spinning. The non grinding process requires good dispersion performance of chemical fiber grade titanium dioxide, low secondary thermal agglomeration, and uniform particle size distribution.
2) Used for color masterbatch: chemical fiber grade titanium dioxide, used as a matting agent for color masterbatch. After mixing with plastic color masterbatch powders such as PP and PVC, it is fused, mixed, and extruded into shape using a double screw extruder. The extinction agent white masterbatch is a raw material directly used for fiber production, and the amount of chemical fiber grade titanium dioxide added in it is between 30-60%. Require uniform particle size distribution, color matching requirements, low secondary thermal agglomeration, etc.